Tuesday, January 29, 2013

It was Benny's 4th birthday! For his birthday cake, he wanted a "Dinosaur Land" theme which made it really easy because all I had to do was stick some of his plastic dinosaurs on there. Benny and Ephraim actually helped me place them. The birthday party went quite well except tensions were high after Benny opened his presents. Everybody wanted to play with his new toys, so we quickly collected the toys and tried to distract them with something else. Benny enjoyed it a lot and so did Ephraim. Benny started his preschool also and loves it. At first he didn't want to go and tried to run away but after the first day he can't wait to go back again. I love it too because it gives me some special time with Ephraim because Asher usually sleeps at this time. He's such a cute guy and it's nice to get some one on one with him. Ephraim actually fell from the bunk bed but thankfully didn't hurt anything. I had hung some Christmas stars from the ceiling in their room and Ephraim was trying to reach for one from the top bunk. He over extended and fell to the floor. Nathan and I heard the thud and ran upstairs. When we realized what happened I took Ephraim in my arms and said, "Ephraim, don't reach for the stars". I had to pause and laugh because It felt wrong telling my son not to reach for the stars but here I was telling him not to reach for the stars in a very literal way. The things you catch yourself saying sometimes.

Dinosaur Land!!!

My party boy hubby





1 comment:

  1. Four Years! so crazy! ^_^ Happy Birthday Benny! What a fun cake.
    That is so fun that Benny is in Preschool. Where is at? I wish I could just drop Joseph off at his preschool (that's only one day of the week, but I am still grateful for it!)(and it's like the only time I can talk to grown-ups besides Sunday). But I could get so much done. I could also spend alone time with Rylee, but she demands alone time all by herself through out the day that we get it anyways! Joseph on the other hand - I feel like I never get alone time with. he either wants to watch TV or play games I'm not very good at, like playing 'action figures'. :)
    That's really funny about telling Ephraim not to reach for the stars!

    ReplyDelete