Wednesday, May 4, 2011

This morning, I lay pleasantly in bed when I became aware of a small voice. It said "mom, it's time to wake up". I cracked my eye open to see Benny standing by our bed casually chewing on a folded up pancake. Sometimes he'll skip coming to me in the morning and just go straight to Oma and get some breakfast before he comes over and gets breakfast from me. So in a way, he's like a hobbit having first breakfast and then second breakfast. I moaned and shut my eyes again. Then he repeated a little more sternly but still patiently, "Mom, it's time to wake up". Talk about role reversal. Who's ordering who here. He had to repeat himself one more time before I got up.
Of course Ephraim is already awake and waiting to be lifted out of his pen and Benny promptly reminds me that I must do this by pointing to Ephraim and saying "Baby awake". After changing the boys and dressing them, I head over to the kitchen to make them a smoothie. Ephraim loves them and so does Benny and its the only way to make Ephraim eat his veggies. I let Benny help me by lifting him on the counter and letting him drop in certain fruits into the blender. Meanwhile Ephraim is getting very impatient and I hear gagging noises. I look down to see him rummaging through our garbage with an orange peel in his hand and multiple orange peel chunks in his mouth. And there it is, the start to another beautiful day.




















mowing away






































sipping a smoothie




















"Look what we found rustling around in the cucumber bed ma"

2 comments:

  1. I love this post- it's like a page out of a book:) The picture of Benny and Ephraim sleeping next to each other it so sweet- little angels.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh mornings... This morning Joseph was pressing the buttons on his dog over and over again, not even letting it finish sentences. I figured our poor single lady neighbors might still be asleep and shouting in their heads to shut our kid up. That's what got me up today. Adorable pictures!

    ReplyDelete