Sunday, October 9, 2011

just a life update. The weather in Rexburg has been great but that all changed in a day at the beginning of this week. It started to snow like crazy and we were turning on the heater already. I was sad to say good bye to the hot weather but thankfully the snow melted and the sun came back out again but I suspect that won't hold out much longer. Surprisingly, Benny loved the snow and wanted to stay out in it and build snow men, and throw snow balls. Ephraim however, did now like the snow at all. All he did was touch it with his bare hands and then he started crying. Benny and Ephraim have been at odds a lot lately. Benny gets into these crazy moods when he's playing sometimes and gets really rough with Ephraim. I think Ephraim is kinda scared of him now because he'll wince or start crying a little when Benny gets too close sometimes. I wanted Ephraim and Benny so close together because I wanted them to have each other to play with but I didn't take into account that they'll also have each other to fight with. I still can't tell if Benny realizes that he hurts Ephraim when he plays or if he's oblivious. Time outs seem to be losing their effectiveness though. Benny also has been doing better with his potty training but I still can't get him to tell me when he needs to go so I can put him on the toilet. I usually put him on the toilet in the morning and then if he goes I give him a potty treat and I let him know that he can get another one if he tells me before he goes so I can put him on the potty but it never works. So if anybody has any ideas, feel free to share. I'm scared to switch him to under wear though lest I'll be cleaning them out every 2 hours.
I had my first cross country meet on Saturday. I was second to last and got 30:14. Sharlee did amazing. She was the first one on our team (there are 4 teams altogether) to cross the finish line and she got a whoppin 22:something!!! She's a fast one.
Also Nathan and Justin are on a business venture together. They decided to buy a whole bunch of that furniture from the hotel that's going out of business and sell it at a higher price. They got a U haul and a storage unit and moved everything over. So hopefully people buy it. It makes me nervous doing that kinda stuff, but I guess there's no stopping it now.
Anyways, life it good. till next time.

2 comments:

  1. Snow already, thats crazy! I know its so frustrating when siblings fight especially when they are so young. It just takes time to help kids understand, you are a great mom! Oh potty training...I do not miss those days! It sounds like you're doing great by giving him a treat, it just takes time and patience for them to "get it". You just have to be consistent and asking him all the time if he has to go, kids need to be reminded a lot. Good luck! Good luck to Nathan and Justin selling the furniture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You used to be afraid of Ben for the same reason. Patience! REmind about gentleness. Make time out more meaningful (in a corner? standing up? you'll think of the right thing.) Prayer, of course, is always helpful for inspiration. Awesome about the furniture!

    ReplyDelete