Sunday, November 4, 2012

Our beautiful Asher Barrett Robles was born on August 29, 2012 at noon. We now have a baby for every meal. Benny was our breakfast baby, Ephraim our Dinner and now Asher came for lunch to complete it. I was so excited to have Asher that I couldn't sleep the night before the surgery. I was just so excited to see him. I got up and walked around the parking lot and then read a magazine and eventually fell asleep. My mom had driven up from Kennewick and arrived at one in the morning so she could watch the kids for us. The next morning, we got the call from the hospital that they were ready for us and we excitedly left. We found out that the doctor who would be delivering Asher was actually our bishop in our new ward. He had been away on vacation for a month and had just arrived home the day before my scheduled surgery, so I was going to meet our new bishop on the surgery table. He actually peeked over the curtain when I was all prepped and ready and welcomed me to the ward right before cutting away. I was so scared while they were prepping me. I always am no matter how many times I go through with this but I was so grateful to have Nathan there. He comforted me and calmed me down. I truly needed him there with me. The medication made me throw up and feel dizzy but then they gave me some other stuff and I felt so much better. I love love love modern medicine that can ease my discomfort at such a time like that. Then I felt all the pressure leave my abdomen and I heard Ashers little cry for the first time and I cried. It was such a beautiful sound, a new little baby boy that would change our lives forever was here finally. The doctor held him over the curtain so that I could see and he was as beautiful as he sounded. All I could think of was how grateful I was that he was finally here and how grateful I was for the doctors and nurses that brought him here and for the comfortable hospital and facilities and technology and medicine that allowed me to have this moment in such comfort. I felt so blessed. They wheeled me away to recover and I waited for Nathan and Asher to come. When Asher finally came, I eagerly held him. He just lay there with his eyes shut, sleeping soundly and it was wonderful just to sit there holding him and listening to him breath. I was completely exhausted and tired but I was in heaven.
My mom came with the boys later that day and Benny and Ephraim were just thrilled to see Asher. We gave them some gifts and told them, they were from Asher. They visited everyday while I was in the hospital and each time they came in, they would want to see Asher first before anything. They just loved having a new brother. Nathan and I were very grateful that we could have the first couple days of Asher's life alone with him. It gave us time to meet him without the distractions of Benny and Ephraim and we really needed that. I was so glad my mom came down to help out with that. The boys loved having Oma around all day. What a great, fun, involved, and loving Oma they have!
It has been so fun watching Benny and Ephraim grow and their different personalities slowly shape over the years and now I can have the joy of watching Asher grow. Life just gets better and better.

 This is how big I was just before the big day

 Just before surgery

 Another red head!


 Meeting for the first time. Love at first sight.


 Weren't we just married? 

 The expression on Oma's face says it all "What, I'm old enough to have 3 grandchildren"!?

brotherly love

No comments:

Post a Comment