Saturday, November 10, 2012

Today we woke up to new fallen snow. This isn't the first time it has snowed this season but the boys are always excited when they wake up to a fresh white world outside. I get excited too, even though most people seem disappointed when it snows. I love the snow and I wouldn't want to live anywhere where it didn't snow during the winter season. Whenever it does snow, I find myself thinking of my dad a lot. I realized that it was my dad that taught me to love the snow. My dad is the biggest kid I've ever know and I don't mean that in a bad way. He would get excited about the snow and loved to go sledding with us kids. He would take us to the golf course and sled for hours with us. Or he would build an igloo in the backyard with a plastic bucket. I don't really remember him ever building a snowman, but it seemed like he always built an igloo. I loved being in the snow with my dad and I have a lot of memories with him in the snow so it seems so natural to think of my dad when I part the curtains in the morning and see a smooth, softening layer of snow coating everything. I realized as I  looked out the window and thought of him that my dad just loves water, whether it be a solid or a liquid. He loves to swim in it, scuba dive in it, canoe on it, sail on it, ski on it, skate on it, sled on it, build with it, what ever. That's why when I picture the ideal place for my dad to live, it would be an island, because he would be surrounded by water. I'm so grateful for my dad, he is one of the best men I have ever known. So in honor of him and just to carry on the tradition, I built an igloo with the boys. It felt good to build an igloo again and the boys loved it. I can't wait to go sledding too. Thanks dad for all the fun times in the snow. 


all bundled up



2 comments:

  1. Dad loved your comments so much he turned red. Thanks! And thanks for all the photos of the boys. Wonderful photos. Wonderful boys. Wonderful daughter (and son-in-law). Love you always!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi this is mom robles! I just saw your blog on jana's phone. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and memories and the pictures if the boys! I think I'll try to love the snow more when it comes.

    ReplyDelete