Friday, March 12, 2010

I'm returning from a long slumber of not blogging finally. A lot has happened but things are still pretty much the same. Benny is now 1 year old and we had a fun birthday party at his grandma Robles home. It felt kinda awkward having him open presents especially since he had no idea what was going on. What is he supposed to do with them? He doesn't know everyone is expecting him to open them. Are they even necessary at such a young age? I don't know, but it was a fun excuse to gather as a family and eat cake.
Nathan is still chugging along at CBC and is past the halfway mark! This quarter we both took a class together and it has been fun. It will be the only class that we get to take together. I thought it would have been more fun to take a snowboarding class together when we were at BYU-I but he wasn't up to it then and biological anthropology is rewarding in its own way. I have decided to make an extra push and take two classes next quarter instead of one so that I can graduate. The plan is to graduate before the new baby comes. My due date (June 22) and the finals week for next quarter (June 18) are pretty close together so I'm hoping that this baby comes on time or a little later. I don't want to be in the hospital and have to worry about finals.
So I discovered that dehydration brings on contractions. A couple of weeks ago, I started experiencing pain in my abdomen and it kept getting worse. I ended up going to the hospital and felt kinda dumb when I found out all this came about just because I didn't drink enough water. I was actually kinda glad I went through it though because that was the first time I had ever felt a contraction!!! I never felt it with Benny so it was nice to know what to expect. I feel more prepared for when this new one comes now.
Anyways that's all for now, ta ta.


25 weeks along















The beginning of Benny's haircut















the middle, kinda has a captain picard feel to it















the conclusion, shorter than we thought but I like it















Benny loves the outdoors and he developed a habit of taking a walking stick with him on his walks

3 comments:

  1. Nina!! I have missed your blogging!!! Its so good to see you update and all teh fun things going on - SOrry we missed eachother again today =( Hope Nathan feels better - we can try for monday??? =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been wondering when you would blog again! Glad you are back. Hey, I'm going to visit Kennewick at the end of April...so, I will call you I guess when I get there and we can hang out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you blogging again! Benny looks so cute with his new haircut! You look great pregnant! Sounds like you guys are doing great, hopefully we will see you this summer!

    ReplyDelete