Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Miracle

Okay, so lately Nathan and I have really been trying hard to save money. I mean, we've always been trying to save but this time we actually seem to be making progress. First of all, we managed to pay off all of our debt which consisted of my old student loans before we were married, so that opened up a lot of room to save money since we didn't have to make those payments anymore. Second, we decided to get a savings account at a separate bank. Before, our savings account was linked to our checking account so that we could transfer money from our savings to our checking with the click of a button on the internet. As you can see, that was very problematic. In other words, we didn't save anything that way. This way, with another savings account at another bank, we have to physically drive over there to withdraw any money. So, we finally have a little bit put away in saving that we've managed to keep our grubby little hands off but that also means we've had to live a little tighter since our savings aren't so accessible now. About a week ago, when Nathan got paid, we paid off bills and stuff and it was enough to get by accept that we wouldn't have enough for gas. Nathan began to think that we would have to take from our savings but we didn't want to because once you take a little, it gets easier to take the next time and this was kinda a little beginning of security for our family in case anything should go wrong. Anyways, we decided that we would be strong and not take from our savings and just trust in the Lord that He would provide some money for gas before our car reached the "E." Last night, we were coming home from cleaning the funeral homes and Nathan saw Lewis (my cousin and neighbor) working on an emergency renovation project and decided to just drop by and help. He helped Lewis till 1:00 in the morning! But when he finally came back, he said that Lewis had given him $40 for helping even though Nathan wasn't expecting it!! It was a miracle!! Just this morning, our gas light went on and I was able to fill up. It was such a happy sight watching the gauge go up. The Lord provided!! I was so excited about this little miracle that I had to write about it. It's a little thing but it was still amazing to us.

4 comments:

  1. That's great Nina! Aren't miracles...well, miraculous!! What a loving and merciful Father we have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its so amazing to see how the lord really watched over us! He always knows what we need and will help us if we do our part! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cant believe you are almost done reading North and South! I've started but I'm only on page 70 or something like that. I'm reading it off the computer from google books so it's hard to read a lot at a time...my eyes get tired looking at the screen after a while.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your new blog background! Cute! I'm about 100 pages from the end of the book now. I like it. I think the parts about the strike are boring, so I just skip over those most of the time, but other than that its really good. I'm a little worried that Margaret will end up an old maid. My prediction is that she will realise that she is in love with Mr. Thorton, but by that time he will have hardened his heart and won't have her. But I really hope they end up together and she tells him about Fredrick.

    ReplyDelete