Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Benny is potty trained!!! After a couple of days with no signs of success, somebody suggested a method that their sister used on their kid and so I tried it and in less than a day, Benny had stopped going in his underwear and willingly went to the potty without me even saying anything. He even did it in public places too. He held it and waited for me to take him to a toilet before he released himself. But let me start from the beginning. On the first day of potty training, he thought it was fun and exciting and showed me that he could go on the toilet but then the novelty of it wore off and he was bored with it by the second day and no longer made any efforts to go on the toilet. He even told me "I don't care about going potty" and candy wasn't a motivation at all. Anyways, for some reason, I thought we should take Benny to church in his underwear. I don't know why, I thought maybe he would be more motivated to go to the toilet with people all around him. But he wasn't and he did it in the middle of the isle too and of course we were sitting in the front that day. He was playing this game with me to see how far he could wander into the isle before I would grab him and pull him back into the bench. So it was when he was in the middle that a very visible puddle appeared where he stood. I dared not look up to see who all was looking while I frantically pulled wet wipes out of the diaper bag to soak up the puddle. Our friends who were sitting next to us became aware of the situation and offered us a tip when sacrament was over. They said their nephew had trouble too while he was potty training till their parents started to give him a cold shower to wash him off every time he went in his underwear. So I gave it a try on Benny and it only took two cold showers before he stopped and now we're going strong on day 3 without any accidents. He's our big boy now.

2 comments:

  1. LOL that's awesome! Congrats to you and congrats to Benny what a big boy! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, wish we'd known. Would have saved us lots of trouble!!!

    ReplyDelete