Monday, November 21, 2011

Just some more dialogue from Benny:

Nathan was combing Benny's hair and getting him dressed in his Sunday clothes when he said,
"Daddy, don't make me pretty... Daddy, don't make me a woman"

which is kinda contradictory because on another occasion before that Benny was watching me put on my make up in front of the mirror as he looked at my coveted make up bag. He had on many occasion tried to dig up its contents only to have them taken away and he knew by now that the make up was hands off. He looked at me and asked, "why are you putting make up on?" I replied, "Because i'm a woman and women can wear make up but boys can't." then he sighed and said, "I wish I was a woman."

On another occasion we were playing a game of pretend. He had recently watched Bambi and so we were all deer. Daddy was given the role of the mean hunter. We were resting peacefully in our little home in the thicket when daddy hunter comes in and announces that he's gonna shoot one of us and eat them. The hunter turns to Benny for advice and asks, "which one should I eat"?
Benny says, "eat something else"!
Hunter says, "no, I gotta eat one of you guys. Should I eat you, mommy, or Ephraim"?
Benny stands by his first answer, "eat something else"!
The hunter is persistent and finally Benny makes a decision when the options are narrowed down to "Mommy or Benny" (Ephraim having walked out of the room during this dramatic scene therefore eliminating himself from the list of candidates). Benny chooses "Mommy".
The hunter begins to chow down on mommy and then Benny, too heroic to just stand idly by, runs and jumps on the hunters back, grabbing him by the neck. As the hunter shrieks in pain, Benny wildly shouts, "I got him! I got the hunter mommy"! The hunter runs off a little wiser and Benny is left to glow in the spot light.
It was so funny because he truly was so proud of himself. He kept talking about it for awhile and had the proudest face on.
Unfortunately this act of bravery turned into a lust for revenge because he ended up stealing the hunters gun, then shot him and ate him....four times!
There's Bambi II for you. "Bambi's revenge: who gots the gun now"

1 comment: